Health Games and More for Kids
It’s really important to take good care of our health, and the earlier we start learning healthy habits, the better chance we have of living a long and healthy life. Things such as nutrition, exercise, and hygiene all help us stay healthy, and knowing more about our bodies and how they work can help us know. when we are in good health and when we are sick and need to see a doctor. There are lots of ways to learn about our bodies and how to stay healthy, and a lot of them are fun, too.
Good nutrition is something everyone needs to think about every day. It’s easy to eat fast food, processed foods, and other things that aren’t healthy: They’re easy to find, they taste good, and they’re advertised a lot, which can make them more appealing. But these foods aren’t good for your health. Instead, kids and adults should eat home-cooked meals that are high in nutrients.
- Bam! Dining Decisions App: Download this fun app to play on your tablet or smartphone and learn how to make smart food choices.
- Blastoff Game: Play and win this game by making good food choices that will fuel your tank.
- Chef Solus in the Balanced Hike Adventure: This creative video makes learning about eating a balanced diet fun.
- Farm to Fork Game: When you play this game, you’ll learn how fruits and vegetables get from their farms to your table.
- Cooking Tips and Resources: A large part of eating healthy is eating home-cooked meals, and this website offers some good tips for beginning cooks.
Everyone needs to exercise daily to stay in good health. Although adults might need to be reminded to exercise, kids often get exercise every day just by being active and having fun. A child can spend an hour playing basketball outside or running around at the park and get the exercise they need. However, as you get older, you’ll have to make more of an effort to make time for exercise every day.
- Fun Fitness Games for Kids: Kids can easily meet their daily exercise goals by playing games, and this page has a bunch of fun ideas.
- Zoom Obstacle Course: Make exercise fun by running an obstacle course outside.
- 18 Get-Off-the-Couch Games: Do you find yourself sitting on the couch instead of exercising? If so, check out these fun games that can help you get up and get moving.
- Indoor Hopscotch: During the cold, wet months, it’s hard to get outside and play. But with this fun game of indoor hopscotch, everyone can get a little exercise.
- Exercise Games for Kids: Bocce ball and ping-pong are just two of the games on this page that kids can play to get exercise.
The Human Body
The human body is made up of so many parts that it can be hard to learn about them all at once, which is why kids usually learn them in stages. Younger children often begin learning things like the parts of the face and then move on to legs, arms, fingers, and other parts that they can see and touch. But once you go to school, you start learning about what’s inside your body, like your heart, lungs, and stomach. You’ll also learn about the different systems of the body, what they do, and how they work together. Playing games and doing activities about the human body can help you learn all of this new information.
- Body Parts Jigsaw Puzzle: Put together this jigsaw puzzle online and learn the names of all your body parts as you play.
- Human Body Parts Game: Play this online game and test your knowledge of all of your body parts.
- Skeleton and Bones Game: Learn the names of each of your bones by playing this game.
- Human Body Quiz: This is a multiple-choice quiz game where you earn points by answering the questions about the human body correctly.
- InnerG: Drag and drop body parts in this game to learn fun facts about each part of the human body.
- Online Healthcare MBA Program
No kid wants to be the dirty, smelly kid in class. But learning good hygiene, such as washing all of your body and brushing your teeth, sometimes doesn’t get the attention it deserves. Luckily, there are lots of great games and activities that can help make learning about these things easier and fun.
- Helping Hands Game (PDF): Washing your hands is very important. Play this game and learn when it is important to wash your hands.
- Why Do I Need to Wash My Hands? Here, you will find a few games you can play in school or with a group of friends to learn why it is so important that you wash your hands.
- Dr. Panda Bath Time (video): Watch this video of Dr. Panda and learn all about good hygiene and bathing.
- Save the Tooth: Dental health is another part of having good hygiene, and this game is a fun way to learn all about that.
- Visit the Dentist With Marty: Going to the dentist for the first time can be scary. But when you play this game and learn about all of the different things that will happen, you’ll see that you don’t have to be afraid.