Analytics and Technology Selectives:
Students will complete three one-credit hour technology related courses.
Healthcare Focused Electives:
Healthcare focused electives will be chosen from the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS). Students may petition to have up to 12 credits of GW graduate-level healthcare focused courses outside of SMHS applied to their MBA healthcare focused elective requirements. This maximum includes approved transfer credit (up to 6 credits) and graduate-level courses completed at GW but outside the GWSB and SMHS. Availability of electives may vary by term.
- Medicines Development
- The Clinical Research Industry
- Health Information, Quality and Outcomes
- HCQ Analysis
- Patient Safety Systems
- Issues and Trends in Health Systems
- Introduction to Global Regulatory Affairs
- Regulatory Strategy in the Development of Drugs and Biologics
Credit Hours 12.0
It is expected that students will complete their core course requirements prior to starting the elective portion of their program.
In addition, students may choose to complete one of seven certificates offered by the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences. All courses required for the certificates may be applied towards the Healthcare MBA healthcare focused and/or general elective requirements.
• Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration
• Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Practice
• Graduate Certificate in Clinical & Translational Research
• Graduate Certificate in Health Care Quality
• Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences
• Graduate Certificate in Integrative Medicine
• Graduate Certificate in Regulatory Affairs
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States that is accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies. If you completed your degree outside the United States, it must be the equivalent of a four-year United States bachelor’s degree. If you have any questions, please contact your Admissions Coach.
- At least three years of professional work experience with some experience in the healthcare field is strongly preferred.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. However, this requirement will be considered for a waiver for applicants with over five years of relevant, professional, full-time work experience and/or US board-certified physicians (proof of current certification required). Evaluation of relevant experience is at the discretion of the admissions committee. Applicants with between 3 and 5 years of professional full-time work experience may apply for a waiver. Several factors are considered in the review of a waiver request, including the rigor of prior undergraduate and graduate coursework, academic performance, evidence of quantitative and analytical skills, prior work experience, current job responsibilities, and professional certifications. To request a waiver, a brief summary that outlines why you believe you are qualified for the test score waiver along with your resume and unofficial academic transcripts are required. Several factors are considered in the review of a waiver request. Please note that a GMAT/GRE waiver is NOT automatic and an approved waiver request does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Applicants who have not completed a degree in the U.S. or in a TOEFL exempt country must submit one of the following: an official TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet-based test) or 600 (paper-based test), or an official IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0. Test date must be within past two years. Scores are not required for U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and U.S. board-certified physicians. Countries that do not require the TOEFL or IELTS include:
Ready to get started?
British Virgin Islands
Canada (except Quebec)
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
Your application will only be submitted for review through a member of admissions team.
The completed application file must include:
- A completed, submitted and signed online application form.
- The application fee of $80 USD payable online via credit card when submitting your application.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic programs attended.
- A current resume or CV.
- One (1) letter of recommendation demonstrating your professional experience and qualification for graduate study.
- Statement of program objectives and professional goals.
Tuition and Fees
Your education is an investment that can lead to new professional opportunities, personal satisfaction, and may potentially increase your earnings during your career.
Below you will find the tuition and fees associated with the online Healthcare MBA program:
Application Fee $80*
Declaration of Intent fee (non-refundable) $1,000
Registration Fee $35**
Technology Fee $25
Course Tuition $2,215 per credit hour***
GW Monthly Payment Plan
The university has partnered with ECSI to offer an interest-free monthly payment plan available to all students. There are three plans available:
- 10-Month annual plan (covers fall and spring)
- 5-Month semester plan (covers either fall or spring)
- 3-Month summer semester plan
Students who wish to use this service, please contact the financial aid office for more information and availability: https://studentaccounts.gwu.edu/monthly-payment-plan. Students are expected to begin their payments prior to receiving a bill, and will need to estimate their charges and pending credits when signing up.
Third Party Billing
The Student Accounts Office accepts authorizations from third party sponsors to bill them directly. A third party sponsor is an embassy, government agency, or private company that pays all, or a portion, of a student’s bill directly to the university. The payment must be unconditional; it cannot be contingent on academic performance or employee reimbursement policies. Authorization must be on a sponsor letterhead and include Sponsor name, billing address, and telephone number, your name, your GWid and the dollar amount and definition of fees and charges to be paid. Authorizations must be submitted before a specified schedule of deadline otherwise subject to a late charge. The extension of credit by the university for an anticipated third party payment does not relieve a student from any financial responsibilities to the university. For more information and availability, please visit: https://studentaccounts.gwu.edu/third-party-billing.
Employer reimbursement is typically contingent upon academic performance. Students who are receiving reimbursement from their employers are responsible for paying the balance in full by the start of the semester.
For more information and availability, please visit: https://studentaccounts.gwu.edu/employer-reimbursement.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program or YRP) is a provision of the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Since the 2009-10 academic year, the George Washington university has been a proud participant of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Military students who apply and are accepted into the program are eligible to receive funding as tuition expenses exceed the maximum base pay amount. To learn more, please contact the GW Student Veterans Services office: http://military.gwu.edu/.
Aside from the Yellow Ribbon program, as a military friendly school, we also provide other services to support military and veterans:
- Specialized career support through our dedicated GW Office of Veteran Services
- Guarantee deferrals for military deployments and obligations
- Faculty mentors with military service